Having incorporated the logo so heavily into the design, it would have been a shame to leave poli:droid the disenchanting shade of pale that the 3D printer spits out. Being an artist, my wife was happy to take on the task whilst Alex and myself were finishing off the functional parts. Here are the final results:
Making our design a reality!
Of course 3D print is not always the most forgiving, and we didn’t build in enough time for filling and sanding so we would love for the next iteration to be injection molded 🙂
As with most projects, we ran into a fair amount of bloopers! Here are some of our favourites!
As always, Pi Wars has been a fantastic experience! We are extremely happy with what we have achieved and look forward to improving and continuing the delopment of poli:droid, to hopefully expand it much further!
6,058 total views, 7 views today